Wednesday, March 5, 2008

T minus 1


The piles have now found their way to the suitcases, the paperwork has been checked, double checked and put in its proper order (hopefully), the lists have been assembled for grandma who is staying with the kiddos......what have I forgotten?? I am sure there is something that has been ommitted from the bags or the lists, but hopefully nothing life shattering.



The two older kiddos have been on edge the last few days....V especially is "fragile" as we like to say; weeping and easily brought to the edge of his composure. The arrival of my mom yesterday brought home my own weepy reality that I will be LEAVING MY KIDS tomorrow. Eeek. I had anticipated that it would be hard for them, but that they would adjust (and they will!). I had not properly anticipated how hard it would be FOR ME! I am trying to spend special time one on one with all of them this week. M and I had "coffee", painted nails and did art projects at the community art space. She was in heaven. Now time with V this afternoon. He wants to buy a jump rope! How could a mom not give into a request like that!!??

My mom is taking a quick course in "Our Family" 101. The final exam is a sink or swim killer!


This is the pile....oh did I say pile, I meant ream..... of notes that I have left behind....."pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each one is..." *** I know that my mom is sure to appreciate the stacks of teduim as she tries to replicate our day to day. If she could only find the time to sit down and read them!!!

The countdown has begun......

***I will give a blog shout-out to anyone who comments with the correct artist and song title responsible this quotation! But know that in naming it you will be carbon dating yourself somewhat here in bloggityville.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

You must be the most organized mom ever! Those are notes on your day? I am so impressed. When I leave town, I'm lucky if I get it together enough to leave it a list of "who to call" and "suggested meals." The kids will have a wonderful time with Grandma.

Just think of the knitting bliss of hours on the flight there with no kids!

We are so excited for you! Five more days until you meet #4!

Safe travels and lots of love!

Anonymous said...

That's some packing job. I'm very impressed... I totally had you for a throw-it-all-in-the-backpack-and-hope-for-the-best type. :) Is that a firetruck I see tucked in the front there? That is too cool. :)

You're a great Mom, H. Obviously you need another kiddo to keep you busy so you stop showing up the rest of us!! (nails, "coffee" and a jump rope?!?! that is the sweetest day ever!)

Love ya,
Lindy

Anonymous said...

Arlo Gutherie's Alice's Restaurant! I laughed sooo hard when I read your picture caption. My husband and I used to listen to that on long car trips and we used to be able to recite nearly the entire thing.

Hi! I am Julie Hand and I am part of the Suzhou Yahoo Group. I am very excited for your journey and am glad to have the opportunity to travel with you in the virtual world. Safe travels to you as you bring home your new addition!!

Our blog with pictures and posts from our trip is www.homeofthehands.com

juana said...

Heather- I stopped by tonight around 7pm. Everyone was in jammies and doing art happily. Let me say though that I have never received such love from Ming EVER! Even Vinh wanted big hugs... wow. I think that Thanh just got in on the action moreso because of a "me too", not because he's my mini-boyfriend. But, they're all being strong, great and happy! No Tears!

I hope the plane travel was a welcome reunion with your ol' self, pre-kids!!!

I look forward to the upcoming entries!

Love Joanne

Molly said...

As I sit here writing this, you are somewhere in the air over the pacific. Your kids are in very happy, capable hands and they are in the comfort zone of their own happy home. They will miss you, but they have one another AND the novelty of time with grandma. A fancy week indeed.

I really hope you can sit back and enjoy the adventure.

much love and excitement about little Z!!

kisses -m